Another week, another recipe. Here is recipe number two from my birthday. These are some super indulgent, super easy chocolate truffles.
On the night we used oreos, which I think is a really good option because the biscuits aren’t too hard. However, oreos aren’t vegan in every country and they have proven rather difficult to find around me recently. Instead I used some other plain vegan biscuits which worked well but the mixture may need to be left in the fridge for a little longer as they don’t really soak up the moisture from the mixture. Either way, experiment and mix and match it up and enjoy every indulgent bite.
Super Easy Chocolate Truffles (makes about 48)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 250g dairy free chocolate
- 375g vegan biscuits
- Heat the coconut cream over a medium low heat until it gets to a light simmer. You don’t want it to boil. Reduce the heat and continue to stir for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted and fully incorporated.
- Stir in the biscuits, transfer to a bowl and put in the fridge to cool and harden overnight. If you can’t wait that long then a 3-4 hours should be fine.
- Once firm enough to roll, roll teaspoon full amounts into balls and roll in cocoa.
- Store in the fridge.