Banana centred baking has always been a favourite of mine. Banana bread with cream cheese is definitely at the top but god ol’ simple banana bread comes in pretty close behind. Since going vegan I haven’t had banana bread or anything of the type so this was a first and I wasn’t disappointed at all. Give it a go and hopefully it doesn’t disappoint you either. 🙂
Vegan Banana Bread
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 flax egg
- Mix 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed with 3 Tbsp of water. Leave for atleast 5-10mins before using.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180C on bake.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until as smooth as you can. Add in the coconut oil and flax egg.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a fork until combined and smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Pour batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave for 5-10mins before moving to a wire rack to completely cool.