Well we had to make a vegan version of a timeless cookie didn’t we. I feel like chocolate chip cookies are one of everyone’s favourite cookies. They are perfect for lunchboxes or a tea-time treat. These little guys don’t last very long in our house so be prepared to make a couple of batches. 😛
Chocy Chunk Cookies
Makes about 24 cookies
- 200g Dairy-free Butter ( I use Olivani)
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Flax Eggs
- Mix 2 Tbsp of ground flax seed with 6 Tbsp of water. Leave for atleast 5-10mins before using
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 250g dark vegan chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180C on bake.
- Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Beat in the flax ‘eggs’ and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift and mix the flour and baking flour. Mix into the sugar mixture.
- Mix the chocolate into the dough mix.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls of dough and place onto lined baking trays. Leave a cm or two of space between cookies. They don’t spread too much but will a little bit.
- Lightly squash the cookies with a fork.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until they are slightly brown around the bottom of the cookies.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.