Before I went vegan I was a hardcore scrambled egg lover. No jokes, I probably would’ve lived off them if I could. Anywho, scrambled tofu is the bomb-diggity. I prefer to use soft tofu because I like the texture a lot better but totally go for the firm if its what you prefer. So… go enjoy your scrambled tofu breakfast instead of those little eggies ;p
Smoky Scrambled Tofu
- 1/4 water
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup mushroom (diced)
- 300 g soft tofu
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- In a large pan, put the onion, spinach, mushroom and water. Cook over a medium heat until the veges are tender.
- Drain and rinse the tofu.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Add seasonings and stir until combined and warmed through.
- Serve on bread or however you wish.