Are you a chocolate lover? Are you looking for a delicious healthy chocolate truffle substitute?
If so, then boy do these fit the bill. Date balls are a wonderfully delicious and easy creation that can be altered to almost any flavour on the moon. My favourite are peanut butter balls (recipe to come) but these chocolate date balls are just as good. Vegans and non-vegans have all loved this little treat so far so I bet you will too.
Chocolate Date Balls (Vegan)
Makes approx. 20 balls
- 400g dried dates
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- desiccated coconut (to roll)
- Soak the dates in a bowl of water for about 30-60mins so that the dates are soft and easier to blend.
- Place cocoa and dates in a food processor or blender and process until a smooth paste is formed. You may need to stop blending occasionally and push the mixture down so that it blends evenly.
- Using a dessert spoon (10ml) or tablespoon (15ml), spoon small amounts of the mixture out and roll into a ball. Coat the ball in coconut and place on a lined baking tray. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Place balls in the freezer until hardened. Store in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them.