No jokes, oats are life. Since I’ve been away from home and the wonderful blender smoothies have been a no-go. I have been living on oats lately and as the weather heats up hot breakfasts have also started to become a no-go. Enter overnight oats!
If you’re one of those people who rushes out the door in the morning then overnight oats are for you. All you need to do is prep the mixture the night before and you will have a delicious and nutritious breakfast ready for you when you wake up. I like everything to be nice and chopped up so that the oats are super creamy but if you’re not into that then just skip the first step. Enjoy! 🙂
Strawberry and Pineapple Overnight Oats
Serves 2-3 people
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp ground almonds
- extra fruit to garnish
- You can skip this step if you wish if you don’t like your oats too soft. Put the oats in a food processor or blender and pulse until you get a rough powder texture. Put oats in a re-sealable container.
- Mix the almond milk into the oats.
- Blend all the other ingredients until smooth and add to the oat mixture.
- Mix well, seal and put in the fridge overnight.
- Serve oats topped with fruit and cinnamon.