I’m a pasta lover. Always have been and always will be. I love the texture and the multitude of flavours that you can mix through.
In our house I am the only vegan however we have meat-free Mondays and wedgie Wednesday where everyone else eats what I’m making. I find that when you are introducing either others or yourself to new vegan flavours familiar staples are a full-proof way to go. Pastas, rice and curries have familiar textures and are easy to work with as well as easy to cram full of nutritious foods. Especially if working with fussy eaters, creamy pastas are perfect because you can hide or alter many unpleasant flavours.
Anywho, onto this weeks recipe. Summer means avocados and I am definitely and avocado lover. I figured I should blend it up add a whole lot of green stuff and make a nice creamy pasta. So here it is. I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Creamy Green Pasta
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g thick flat noodles
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 can lentils (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Tumeric
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium avocado
- About 5 asparagus spears (cut in about 5cm lengths)
- 1 courgette (cut about the same size as the asparagus)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup spinach
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to the packet. Add the asparagus and corvette to the pot about halfway through the cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the spinach, avocado meat, garlic, nutritional yeast, lentils, paprika, numeric and tomatoes in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a pot cook the onion with a little bit of water until soft. Add the spinach mixture and cook until warm.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce until evenly coated and serve. I served mine with some extra nutritional yeast and some raw buckwheat sprinkled on top.