I’ve never really been much of a Christmas person but my recent experiment with gingerbread houses has left me craving spiced everything. Hot chocolate, muffins, oats. Literally everything. While the whole gingerbread saga was a minor disaster (construction wise… however I still ate the whole thing), the muffins were definitely not. Give ’em a go and have a sweet Christmassy feast. 🙂
Spiced Christmas Muffins
Makes about 24 mini muffins
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used rice bran oil)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180C on bake. Grease mini muffin tins with a little vegetable oil.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and spices into a large bowl. Using a fork, mix in the soft brown sugar. You want to kind of mash the sugar so that it all separates and the flour mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, oil, and apple cider vinegar with a fork until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased mini muffin trays. You want them to be about 3/4 full.
- Bake in oven for about 20mins or until a skewer inserted into muffins comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack then dust with icing sugar and serve.