Oats are flexible, delicious, nutritious, and easy. Savoury, sweet, whatever you please it works. I love having oats for breakfast because they’re easy, taste good and keep you satisfied for sooooo long. They are fab!
I decided to mix up my usual blueberries and oats in an attempt to make my breakfast more interesting and it couldn’t have turned out better. If you have a sweet tooth then this is for you. What’s better than having dessert for breakfast? I can’t think if much 😛
Oats with Cinnamon Apples and Banana
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Apple (diced)
- 1 Banana (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Cook the oats and water in a small pot over a medium heat. Cook until the oats have soaked up all the water.
- While the oats are cooking put the apple, banana, cinnamon, sugar, and milk in a pan and cook over a medium high heat. Stir every few minutes so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- After about 10 mins once most of the milk has evaporated remove from heat.
- Place oats in a bowl and the fruit on top.