I am currently experiencing a few technical difficulties at the moment. Otherwise known as my laptop dying, so please excuse this not too exciting smoothie post lacking of pictures. Nonetheless, it is a pretty fab smoothie if I may say so myself ;P
Summer is just around the corner and my absolute favourite thing to have for breakfast during this time of the year is a smoothie. I love the flexibility of them; change one ingredient and you have a completely different smoothie. I love being creative with food, and smoothies are the best way to start feeding your creativity.
My go-to smoothie at the moment is a simple, delicious and sweet little green number. Bananas give a nice creamy texture while the kale and oats add a bit of roughness and texture. Medjool dates are the best little parcels of sweetness ever. I put them in almost every smoothie, cake or slice I make. They give the smoothie such a delicious natural sweetness. I am currently drinking this glass of goodness and I recommend you go and do the same 🙂
Sweet Green Smoothie (makes about 750ml)
- 1 Large Banana (skin removed)
- 1 cup of Kale (if you aren’t a fan of the kale flavour start with 1/2 cup and work your way up)
- 1 Medjool Date (pit removed)
- 1 Gold Kiwifruit (tough ends cut off but I leave the rest of the skin on)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup oats (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an exciting glass, smile and drink up 🙂
pic from: http://alanaturale.com/