I have this habit of always cooking way too much food. I think I just get over excited or something haha i don’t know.
Anyway… I had rice for lunch yesterday and as per usual had a decent amount left over. I decided it might be a good opportunity to try something I’d never made vegan before, and boy was it worth it!
I’m not going to lie, it turned out so much better than I expected. It is creamy, sweet, easy and just oh so good. I had mine with a dollop of co-yo but I’m sure ice-cream would taste just as good. Enjoy!
Basic Rice Pudding
- 1 Large Banana (mashed)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 400g Can Coconut Cream
- 2 1/2 Cups Cooked Rice
- Pre-heat oven to 200C on bake.
- In a medium saucepan, combine mashed banana, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and coconut cream. Whisk over a medium heat until combined and simmering. It will thicken a little bit.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rice.
- Pour rice mixture into a tin. (I used a cake tin)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut sugar.
- Bake in oven for 15mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit before serving.