It’s totally fine to have pancakes for lunch right…? These ones are pretty healthy so I’m gonna say that it is haha.
Not meaning to brag or anything but these have got to be the best vegan pancakes I’ve made so far. They’re fluffy, moist and not too sweet. Feed them to your non-vegan friends and they’ll never be able to tell. This is a pretty simple recipe that doesn’t involve too many ingredients and can be as quick as you want them to be. I like to leave the mixture to sit in the fridge for at least and hour or overnight if that’s easier because it lets the mixture thicken up a bit. If you’re using a non-stick pan then these pancakes just happen to be fat-free. Even better right?!
Vegan Apple and Banana Pancakes
Makes about 8 pancakes
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 2 Cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any other plant based milk of your choice)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Apple (grated)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until they are super mushy.
- Add milk and mash together until combined, the milk should thicken slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all other ingredients until combined.
- Fold banana mixture into dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or overnight. (fridge time can be skipped if you are pressed for time)
- Using a ladle, spoon the mixture into a pre-heated non-stick pan. (If not using a non-stick pan you may need to use a bit of oil)
- Once bubbly/spotty flip the pancake and cook for another few minutes until brown. Remove pancake from pan and repeat steps 5-6 until all the mix is cooked.