Scary as it is summer is only in a couple of months. Summer means delicious fruit, refreshing salads, christmas, roadtrips and of course hanging at the beach and getting up to all sorts of mischief 😛
I can tell it’s almost summer not only because the calendar tells me so but because the weather is getting warmer and I crave lettuce non-stop. No jokes! We went on a road trip last weekend to explore the South Island a bit more and I ate a whole head of lettuce because lettuce is AMAZBALLS. So if you’re like me and obsessed then get your teeth into the scrumptious salad.
Hypocritical as it seems I can be quite picky with salads. I like them to be different and exciting and more than just tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce. By adding potatoes and sweet potato the salad gains a bit more substance, making it a perfect meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I didn’t think it was going to be as good as it was, so I may have ended up eating it for lunch three days in a row (please don’t judge me… hahaha).
I used Iceberg lettuce because it is super refreshing, but feel free to use whatever you’re vibing at the moment. I had made some beetroot hummus a couple of days earlier so that’s what I used but you can easily use any kind of hummus 🙂
Summer Vegan Potato Salad
Serves 2-4 depending on whether being eaten as a side dish or a meal.
- 1 Medium Potato (washed and diced)
- 1 Medium Kumara/Sweet Potato (washed and diced)
- 3/4 cup of lettuce of choice (roughly chopped and washed)
- 1/2 Medium Cucumber (sliced)
- Handful of Snow Peas (about 20 sliced)
- 2 little beetroot (cooked and sliced)
- 2 Radishes (sliced)
- 1 Orange (diced)
- 2 Tbsp hummus of choice
- Steam diced potatos and kumara until soft. The smaller you cut it the faster it will cook.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare all the other veges and mix them in a large serving dish. I always use the same dish that I’m going to be serving it in to save dishes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, place them in a bowl and mix in the hummus. Toss coated potatoes through other veges and serve.