I love pasta, so so so much. It’s easy to cook, relatively fast and so versatile. You can literally throw almost anything in a pot, add some pasta to it and there you have a tasty and filling meal.
For lunch today I made pasta because it was cold and I was really vibing something warm and satisfying. At the moment my favourite vege has got to be pumpkin so obviously my pasta had to involve pumpkin, not to mention my dinner too. Whoops… when I get obsessed I get OBSESSED! haha so below you can find the pasta recipe I made today. It is relatively hands off, uses one pot (because I hate dishes), but still tastes like a lot of work has gone into it. So enjoy!
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin and Potato Pasta
- 1 Potato (diced)
- 5 Button Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 1 Cup of Leek (sliced)
- 10 Green Beans (sliced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
- 100g Broccoli (roughly chopped)
- 140g Pumpkin (diced)
- 2 Cups Cabbage (roughly diced)
- 2 Cups Dried Pasta
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- In a large pan, cook the pumpkin and potato in 1 cup of water covered over a medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onion, leek, beans, broccoli and cabbage. Cook covered for about 10mins, stirring halfway through.
- Add pasta, coconut milk, garlic, and the rest of the water. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is cooked through. Depending on the type of pasta you use this may vary. I cooked mine for about 20mins